Vegan Coconut Curry-Inspired Bowl Recipe
Cooking in the kitchen can be a wonderful form of self-care. Your body knows when meals have been prepared with love and fresh ingredients, and your body will thank you in return!
Food can be a source of love, community and creativity. I am so inspired by foods and practices around the world and love to experiment with different flavors and recipes. As we enter winter season and approach the end of the year, I find myself gravitating towards warm, grounding, nutritious and sensual foods. This time of year makes me want to feel held, full and satisfied, and this dish will absolutely leave you feeling this way.
Making meals that are nutritious and easily digestible can reduce stress on your body and keep the immune system high. One of the best tips I have learned when it comes to digestion is something called ‘food combining’. It is a practice of eating foods that optimize how your body is able to digest what you eat. This Vegan Coconut Curry-Inspired Bowl is the perfect example of how nutritious and delicious food can be!
Your body knows when meals have been prepared with love and fresh ingredients, and your body will thank you in return!
- 1 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 1 broccoli head, chopped
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced or chopped
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- extra virgin olive oil
For Curry Sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- Sea salt
- 2 cups Coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water *optional*
- 1/2 can tomato paste (3 oz)
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1 cup quinoa or rice
- Prepare quinoa or rice according to package.
- Preheat Oven to 400ºF and cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place broccoli, mushrooms, squash, and bell pepper in a large pot. In a separate bowl combine 1 tbsp olive oil, 2/3 cup coconut milk, coconut flour, and 2 garlic cloves. Toss vegetables with mixture until coated. Set aside for 10 min.
- After 10 minutes, place the vegetable mixture evenly on the baking sheet and bake in oven for 20 min, or until broccoli tops start to look brown on edges.
- In a small bowl mix the spices for the curry until evenly combined. Yellow Curry powder, garam masala, turmeric, cayenne, sea salt. Place to the side until needed.
- Heat a large pan with 2 tbsp olive oil and sauté onions on medium heat for about 4 minutes. Add in the ginger, minced garlic and stir another 4 minutes. Stir in the spice mixture and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add in coconut milk, tomato paste stir and bring to a boil. Simmer and stir the curry sauce for 5-6 minutes add in water if becomes too thick.
- Add the roasted vegetable mixture to the pan and stir to coat veggies. Once covered leave on heat for 5 minutes.
- When ready to serve, remove from heat, stir with fresh parsley and serve!
*Inspired by Holistic Chef Shayna Taylor’s original recipe.
Step Into Your Ultimate Summer of Expression Through the Power of Crystal Sound Healing
22nd June - 2021 / 4 min read
Morning Pages: Unlock Your Flow, Clear Your Limitations and Step Into Your Greatness
29th April - 2021 / 4 min read